Recipes

Thursday, February 16, 2012

let's talk shop, shall we?

I am in a bit of a shopping mood... I am normally very good about spreading my shopping out and trying not to spend very much money, but I can't seem to stop myself right now. There are so many things I want (and need) and I can't decide what to get first.

We paid off our trip to Mexico yesterday and since then, I just feel like a weight has been lifted. I should probably be saving every last penny we have for all of the other weddings, trips, and parties we have coming up this summer, but I feel like I have a little more wiggle room than I did before. I told Mike that we could each take a little bit of money out to get something we really want. This is pretty dangerous for me.

For Mike, he probably won't even spend it. He will probably take the money out, put it in his wallet, walk around Lowe's or Home Depot for hours only to leave empty handed.  Or, he will spend it on me. haha. Not that I have ever asked him to, but that is just what he does... it is who he is. I think it makes him the happiest when I say I want something and he can say, "here, go get it." I love that man.

Anyway, with my little shopping fund that I have, the items are endless. I need new running shoes. I have been searching for a new pair for weeks. I need some running clothes. Running leggings, running jacket, new socks, new sports bras.  I need some TOMS for casual outfits. I need some new work clothes and shoes. I need a new purse since my strap has broken off of the one I am currently using... But, what to spend it on?

Life's decisions can be so hard. I have a $10 of coupon from DSW so I have been looking there for new running shoes. So far, it is between these and these. The first pair will probably be a little heavier, and I am really looking to lighten up my running shoe. The second pair may get horribly dirty, but really, who cares? They look super lightweight and the price is pretty awesome... Any thoughts?

Look! Still light out at 6pm!

Since it is FINALLY staying lighter later in the evenings, running outdoors will soon become part of my regular work out and I am going to need some warmer running garb. I searched Dick's the other day for a bunch of new running clothes for the spring, but have a hard time spending the money on them. Especially knowing that at TJMaxx, I can probably get similar items for a fraction of the cost. I will probably just head there to stock up on some running clothes. 

I have been wanting TOMS for a while now. I have several friends and family members who rave about them and they seem like the perfect casual outfit shoe. My only decision there is gray, blue, or black? I am liking the gray or blue most, but black seems more practical.

I probably won't be buying any new work clothes because I think that is the worst thing to shop for. It just bores me to no end. I pretty much just try to incorporate my normal clothing into a more professional look. It seems to work out ok, but, I really need some new black shoes. I either have boots or pumps. Nothing in between. I need a little variety.

The purse is going to have to happen since I really have no other purses that are versatile enough to wear with everything. I better start looking for one. I would love this beauty, but it is a wee bit expensive.

I guess maybe I better get a 3rd job.

Recent Eats

We are in another (wonderful) situation where we have way too many vegetables and fruits in our fridge, so we need to do something with them. Last night, we whipped up another awesome veggie and egg scramble for dinner. (don't tell Mike, but I used 2 whole eggs and 2 egg whites instead of 4 eggs, he didn't even notice.)


I also decided to put these enormous carrots to good use and made julienned carrots. They were really tasty and a great compliment to my egg dinner.


Julienned Sweet Carrots

1 large carrot or several small carrots, cut into strips
1 teaspoon brown sugar
1 tbsp butter
Fill a saucepan with 1 inch of water, bring to boil. Add in carrots and bring back to boil. Once you have reached a boil, reduce to a simmer for 5-6 minutes until carrots are slightly tender. Drain water. Add butter and brown sugar and toss together until mixed and melted.
With the leftover carrots and other veggies, I went ahead and threw together a big salad with tomatoes, hard boiled egg, goat cheese and spinach for my lunch.


I also did a little juicing with carrots, apples, and oranges. When I know I have juice waiting for me in the morning, I always wake up a little easier. :)





Gym Time
We didn't exactly leave for work on time today, so I only had about 40 minutes at the gym. I decided to use the entire time on the treadmill running. I am slacking a bit on my abs this week, so I will have to make up for them tomorrow! I need to get in back, abs, and a run tomorrow. No way that all happens, but I will certainly try!

Have a good day!

Yesterday's Stats: BEST DAY EVER!
Calories (-) 229
Sodium (-) 588
Protein (+) 22

No comments:

Post a Comment