Recipes

Monday, February 20, 2012

P-Rez in the City

Warning - Cute Baby Overload!

This past weekend was busy, without actually doing much of anything. We spent the whole day on Saturday, with this adorable little face.


My friend, Jennifer, was in town to go to a conference, and asked me to babysit. Of course I would! I couldn't wait to snuggle this little guy all day! He did a lot of sleeping, but we ventured out a little to show him what Raleigh had to offer.

We started the morning with a nice long walk. I tried to run with him, but his stroller is super fancy... it has shocks on it, and I couldn't get into a good groove with it. When I would start to get into a stride of running, the wheels seemed to slow down, like they knew we shouldn't be going that fast. So I ended up just doing a nice 3 mile walk around the neighborhood since it was so gorgeous outside.


He was fast asleep within minutes of our walk. I also turned on white noise on my phone, so maybe that is what put him to sleep so quickly.


When we got back, he continued to sleep for a solid 3 hours. I wish I could sleep like that.


When he finally woke up, we decided to venture out for a little late lunch with a good friend at one of our favorite people watching locations, Armadillo Grill.


P-Rez really enjoyed watching the cars pass by. We didn't stay out too long, since we didn't want to chance him getting hungry while we were away from home.


Once we were home, I decided he needed an outfit change... especially after wearing that awful Virginia Tech hat earlier...


Yeah, that is more like it.

That was pretty much our Saturday. We didn't do a whole lot, but what we did do was pretty exciting. I am such a worry wort. I was freaking out the whole time Mike was driving because I was afraid we would get into an accident. Don't even get me started on trying to get the car seat out of the stroller, what a mess! We had to call P's parents a few times to have them walk us through it. And, all the stuff you have to make sure you have with you? My anxiety was at an all time high... I just wanted to get us back to the safety of our house. I wonder if I will ever take my kids out of the house...


But, I think he loved spending the day with Aunt Dee Dee. :) I was pretty excited that we spent 8 hours together and I didn't get pee, poop, or vomit on myself. That is pretty impressive. Of course once his mom got there to pick him up, he puked down her back. HAHA. Thanks, Jenn and Jeremy, for sharing your little man with us! We had so much fun!

On Sunday, I woke up in a complete funk. I just felt like I was in a bad mood, and I didn't want to be. I tried to snap out of it, but I couldn't shake it. We got up and headed to church. I had hoped that would pull me out of my funk... but no such luck. I felt great while we were there, but after leaving, I just wanted to go back to sleep.

I am not a napper. I can not tell you the last time that I laid down in the middle of the day and fell asleep without being sick. After we got home from church and grocery shopping, I laid down on the couch and fell fast asleep. When Mike woke me up at 4, I felt like I could have slept longer.  I wondered if maybe I was getting sick, but I don't feel like I am, so I guess I just really needed the sleep.

After dragging myself off of the couch, I made a pretty intense dinner. I had some beets in my fridge from our weekly produce delivery, and recently saw a recipe for beet ravioli that I wanted to try. It was very involved, since I made the dough from scratch, but the result was pretty amazing.


I followed Eat, Live, Run's recipe for Three Cheese Beet Ravioli exactly. It took a lot of time to make, but Mike helped me a lot and we ended up having dinner around 6.






The recipe made a ton of dough. I actually split it in half and froze the other half for later. I don't really know if pasta dough holds up in the freezer, but after googling a little, we figured we would give it a shot.


We don't have any pastry dough cut outs, so we had to roll with a heart shaped cookie cutter that we have. Hey, it worked!





The only thing I would do differently next time is try to get the dough thinner. In Jenna's instructions, she says that you need to make it almost see through or you will have dense pasta. I couldn't get it that thin using a rolling pin, and the pasta turned out quite thick and dense, but still pretty good. The cheese combination inside was so delicious.


I drizzled some browned butter and brown sugar over the ravioli and put some marinara sauce out for dipping. We also made roasted broccoli to go on the side, which also came in our weekly produce box.


Pretty good dinner! And, it should be pretty good lunch. :)

Yesterday's Stats:
Calories (-) 147
Sodium (+) 564
Protein (+) 8

No comments:

Post a Comment