Recipes

Tuesday, February 14, 2012

love and stuff.

Happy Valentine's Day! 

   
V-Day socks from my mama
Is it weird that I spent almost 30 minutes last night trying to find an outfit that would allow me to wear these socks today?  Anyone else plan an entire outfit around a pair of socks? No, just me?

I started my Valentine's Day morning off with a banana, chest work out, 3 mile run on the treadmill, and a citrus-y breakfast.


My motivation for this morning's work out came from the fact that my bosses are buying us Chinese food for lunch. When I started to slow down on the treadmill, I remembered that I would be ingesting more sodium than a whole days worth in my lunch, so I sped up the pace.

Mike started his Valentine's day off at 4 AM, heading into work. Crazy if you ask me. I secretly love when he goes into work that early, though. I sort of wake up to say goodbye, then the pups join me on the bed and we spread out to sleep for another 3 whole hours. Sorry babe!

Mike and I have never really made a big deal out of Valentine's Day. We almost always stay home and make dinner, or order in, since it is just too crowded at restaurants. Same with movies or any other outings since they are just uncomfortably crowded. Last year, we went on a double (+1) date with some friends and got Korean food, which was lots of fun. I guess most people don't think to go to Korean on Valentine's Day, so it was a great plan. 


This year, we decided to stick with our plan of staying home. Mike told me he was handling dinner, so I am excited to not have to think about it. He told me that he is making a dinner of some of my favorite foods, so I can't wait until I get home! Hopefully he will take lots of pictures of his preparation so I can post them for you tomorrow. ;)


Last night, we made chicken nuggets and they were just as good as last time. Mike sauteed some green beans that we had gotten in our produce box with some oil, vinegar, and sea salt and pepper. They were so crispy and delicious.

I hope everyone has a wonderful Valentine's Day!

Yesterday's Stats:
Calories (-) 261
Sodium (-) 755 (!!) Making up for Sunday - and my Chinese today. :) 
Protein (+) 2

1 comment:

  1. I totally planned my outfit around the socks. For some reason I can't see all of your pictures. It's about half and half.

    ReplyDelete